Interested in signing up to become a Northland rugby referee? The process is easy and fast: we can have you on our lists within minutes!
Simply follow the steps below and you’ll be blowing your whistle before you know it.
- Download an application form (or come in and collect one from 50 Kioreroa Rd, Whangarei)
- You will be contacted by REO and a meeting arranged
- You will attend the next Sub Union Meeting
- You will receive ongoing training and support
- You will receive your referee gear
- Your coach will be appointed
- Your game will be appointed
- You will be periodically reviewed and awarded NRRA membership once all criteria has been met
Please contact us at any point if you’re feeling unsure about any part of the process, or if you would simply prefer to chat to us over the phone.
We’re always happy to speak with potential new refs, and we’ve got all the information you need right at our fingertips. We’re also more than happy to have you come along to one of our games for a sneak preview of what a ref does: if this sounds like something you may be interested in, please call Boris Jurlina on 021 256 4464 to learn more!
Nigel Owen’s Guide to Rugby Referee Signals